“Alu-Plus” Contact Paste
Due to the low conductivity of the aluminum conductors, it is also necessary to adapt the nominal currents accordingly: 2.5 mm2 = 16 A and 4 mm2 = 22 A.
- Contents: 20 ml “Alu-Plus” contact paste
- Item No.: 249-130
- 20 pieces per packing unit (4 x 5)
"Alu-Plus" contact paste for safe wiring of solid aluminum conductors up to 4 mm2 in WAGO spring terminals: Cleaning and lubricating the aluminum conductor is no longer necessary because the WAGO "Alu-Plus" contact paste is instead filled directly into the conductor entry opening of the WAGO terminals with the practical filling syringe. Additional cleaning is necessary for visibly-corroded conductors, however! This allows easy termination of solid aluminum conductors (in case of multipole terminal blocks, also mixed with copper conductors).
- automatically destroys the oxide film during clamping,
- Prevents fresh oxidation at the clamping point.
- prevents electrolytic corrosion between aluminum and copper conductors (in the same terminal block),
- Provides long-term protection against corrosion.
It is, of course, also possible to apply WAGO “Alu-Plus” additionally on the whole surface of the aluminum conductor before termination.