WAGO-I/O-SYSTEM 750 XTR for Hazardous Areas
The WAGO-I/O-SYSTEM 750 XTR can be used either outside of hazardous areas and within zone 2/22 inside an approved enclosure. All modules have ATEX/IECEx approval for use in zone 2/22. Besides the standard signals from the sensors and actuators from zone 2/22, intrinsically safe sensors and actuators from zones 0/20 and 1/21 can also be integrated via the I/O modules in the blue enclosure.
Your Benefits at a Glance:
- eXTReme temperatures: -40°C … +70°C
- eXTReme isolation and immunity to interference: as per EN60870-2-1
- eXTReme vibration resistance up to 5g: as per EN60068-2-6
- eXTReme continuous shock resistance: up to 25g, as per IEC 60068-2-27
- eXTReme intrinsic safety: for signal acquisition from zones 0 and 1
- Short-term condensation: as per Class 3K7 / EN 60721-3-3
- Operating altitude: up to 5,000 m above sea level
- Approvals: UL, ANSI/ISA, ATEX/IECEx, marine systems (DNV GL, ABS, etc.)
- Installation location: Zone 2/22
Intrinsically Safe in Extreme Conditions
The XTR in the module designation stands for “eXTReme” ambient conditions. The permissible ambient temperature range of −40°C to +70°C enables the modules to be used an any climatic zone without having to provide additional protection with air conditioning or heating systems. The module's immunity to interference and electromagnetic interference even permit it to be used in medium-voltage systems, while its extreme vibration and shock resistance allow it to be used in rail vehicles and to be installed in marine diesel engines. All of the circuit boards are coated with protective varnish, to safeguard the power electronics and conducting tracks against short-term condensation.
This linking of requirements for intrinsic safety and resistance to extreme ambient conditions makes the WAGO-I/O-SYSTEM 750 XTR a special asset for systems in the oil and gas industry in the upstream sector (extraction, processing), as well as in the downstream sector (transport, refining) and for outdoor systems exposed to extreme climatic swings. The WAGO-I/O-SYSTEM 750 XTR functions not only as a purely remote I/O system, but also offers a versatile, future-oriented and reliable control system with the high-performance PFC200 XTR Controllers.