picoMAX® – Impressive and Unique!
picoMAX® is breaking new ground, making double use of the contact force of a single Cr-Ni stainless steel spring: For clamping the conductor and connecting the header pin. This makes picoMAX® much more compact than usual pluggable connection systems. Contact resistance is minimized by the extremely short contact bridge, which separates the termination unit from the header pin. In addition, the female connector is fully shrouded by the male header and locks into place via integrated latches for vibration-resistance up to 20 g.
picoMAX® meets all the requirements placed on a modern pluggable connection system: Female connectors can be easily wired while mated or unmated. Both integrated push-buttons and test ports make handling especially easy and intuitive. Furthermore, several female connectors can be assembled in one male header's housing without loss of polarity.
picoMAX® offers an outstanding degree of safety: Depending on the version, you will benefit from a very high vibration and shock resistance, as well as from integrated locking latches preventing accidental disconnection of male header and female connector. The system also features coding pins, which are inserted into the header interface to prevent mismating in panel feedthrough applications, allowing picoMAX® to convince you right down the line.
picoMAX® eCOM – The Easiest Way to Make PCBs Pluggable
The picoMAX® eCOM PCB terminal blocks double as pluggable connectors when required. These pluggable connector versions without pin housing are even more efficient and compact.
On delivery, the picoMAX® eCOM pluggable female connectors are fitted with solder pins, allowing them to be directly soldered to a PCB and then wired just as conventional PCB terminal blocks are.
If required, picoMAX® eCOM pluggable female headers can be removed from the solder pins without altering the existing wiring. Just like picoMAX® connectors, picoMAX® eCOM female headers can be assembled side by side without loss of polarity.
Both picoMAX® and picoMAX® eCOM are available in 3.5 mm (0.138 in), 5 mm (0.197 in) and 7.5 mm (0.295 in) pin spacing. All variants are also suitable for THR soldering applications.
The pluggable connection system in detail:
- Compact design: Reduces space by up to 30%
- Extremely short current path from conductor to header pin
- Innovative insulation material guarantees absolute contact reliability even at high ambient temperatures
- Integrated locking latches provide high vibration-resistance up to 20 g
- CAGE CLAMP® S connection for all conductor types
- Push-in termination of solid and ferruled conductors
- Ability to wire female connectors while mated or unmated
- Multiple connection possibilities: wire-to-board, board-to-wire, wire-to-wire, panel feedthrough
- Suitable for THR soldering applications
Additional information at: www.picomax.info.