Incredibly Handy: Lever-Actuated Pluggable PCB Connectors for Power Electronics
Two versions of the new pluggable connectors are available (wire-to-wire and wire-to-board), and each version offers variants ranging from 2 to 6 poles. All models are designed for a nominal conductor size of 16 mm2 (6 AWG) with ratings up 1,000 V and 75 A (IEC). The connectors are equipped with Push-in CAGE CLAMP® technology for all conductor types, allowing solid and ferruled conductors to be simply pushed into the unit. In addition, the new MCS MAXI 16 Connectors offer a unique space-saving feature: Solid and fine-stranded conductors can be connected to the next larger cross-section (25 mm2/4 AWG) beyond the nominal conductor size.
Wiring Made Easy:
- Easy-to-use operating lever for tool-free terminations
- Internal coding without time-consuming adaptation of the housing profile
- Recoding even when plugged in
- Optional integrated locking latches prevent accidental disconnection
- 100% mismating protection
It’s Just That Simple
The lever is incredibly user-friendly with clearly identified open/closed positions. When closing the clamping point, the force of the open spring ensures that the lever closes at low force. This ensures a secure connection of the clamping point.
At a Glance:
- World’s first lever-actuated pluggable PCB connector for power electronics
- Easy and direct, in-hand wiring in the field
- Designed for voltages up to 1,000 V and currents up to 76 A
- Integrated touch-proof caps for maximum user safety
The article numbers and further technical data of the new MCS Maxi 16 connectors can be found here.